iCloud Photo Library is an amazing way to keep your photos and video safely stored in iCLoud and your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac,and iCloud.com. Any changes that you make to your photos’ or videos’ collection on any device; it gets updated on other devices as well. All your photos and videos stay organized into Collections, Moments, and Years. Such management of photos and videos makes it easy to find any moment, friend, or family member you are searching for.
Each time your device gets connected to Wi-Fi, you collection gets uploaded to iCloud. If you use iOS 11 or higher version, you library also gets updated on cellular as well. However, the uploading time depends upon the speed of your internet.
If you wish to activate and access photos in your iCloud Photo Library, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below. However, before that, look for the following:
- Make sure to update your iOS device, (be it iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) to the latest iOS. Similarly your Mac to the latest macOS and Apple TV to the latest tvOS/
- Next, setupiCloud on all your devices.
- Make sure that you are logged in to your iCloud account with the same Apple ID on all your devices on which you wish to use iCloud Photo Library.
- In case you are using a Windows PC, make sure to update it to the Windows 7 or above and download “iCloud for Windows” version.
Activate iCloud Photo Library
1.) iPhone, iPhone, or iPod Touch (iOS 10.3 or later)
- Go to the Settings app icon and select Your Name >iCloud>Photos.
- Next, turn on iCloud Photo Library.
- For iOD 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings>iCloud>Photos.
2.) Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or Higher
- Go to the System Preferences option and select iCloud.
- Next, click Options located next to the Photos and then click on the “iCloud Photo Library” option.
3.) Apple TV (4th Generation) with tvOS 9.2 or Above
- Go to the Settings option and select Accounts.
- Next, go to iCloud and select iCloud Photo Library.
4.) For Windows PC
- Download iCloud for Windows and launch it on your computer.
- Click Options located next to iCloud.
- Now select iCloud Photo Library.
- Next, click Done and then Apply.
NOTE: Make sure you have activated iCloud Photo Library on all your Apple devices.
So, this is how you can easily turn on and access photos in iCloud Photo Library.