The Outlook is the one of the world’s best webmail service for business. It is a web-based suite of webmail, contacts, task, and calendaring services from Microsoft. First, you need to configure your Outlook account on the desktop. From Microsoft services, Microsoft Outlook calendar is very useful when you want to organize your schedule. If you want to send or receive daily project updates to your managers, clients and team member, you can set a reminder to ensure that you can never forget the task. Take advantage of Outlook’s appointment scheduling feature to set the alarm and the reminder, if you no longer needed you can turn it off. You can set daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reminder in Microsoft Outlook.
6 Steps To Add Reminder in Outlook:
- First, open Microsoft Outlook on desktop click on calendar tab to view calendars and click on “New Appointment” in the new group.
- Write the name for the new appointment into subject field and then select “None” from “Reminder” dropdown-box in the option group. If you want, Outlook warns you a few minutes before the alarms, select the desired number of minutes from the reminder drop-down box.
- Click on the “Recurrence” button from the option group to open the Appointment Recurrence window.
- Select “Zero minutes” from the “Duration” drop-down box and then choose the time when you want the alarm to go off from the “Start” drop-down box. You can type the time in the box.
- Click the “Daily” radio button in the recurrence pattern section and ensure the “Every 1-day” option is selected. If you select the “Every Weekday” option, the alarm will not go off on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Tap the “Save & Close” button in the action group to create an appointment.
Add a reminder in Outlook 2007:
In Microsoft Outlook 2007 account, you can set-up a reminder to respond or follow-up on email message. You can put the reminder for work in your email account.
Please follow these steps to set-up reminder to email:
- Select the message from inbox, which you want to remind about.
- Click the follow-up button and choose the reminder. You can choose from drop-down list menu or you can give the description in text-box.
- On the flag drop-down list, select an option which explains why the e-mail messages need your attention. If none of the option is not fulfill your requirement, enter the description in the text box.
- Choose the date and time which you want to remind about in your message. The Reminder message box appears in 15 minutes before the date and time you enter. But you can change this setting, by using – choose Tools –> Options. On the Preferences tab of the Options dialog box, enter a new setting in the Default Reminder drop-down list.
- Click OK.
When the reminder gives, you see the Reminder message box where you can click the Open Item button to open the e-mail message.
Add Reminder in Outlook 2010:
Microsoft Outlook 2010, this is higher version of Outlook 2007; you can set reminder for your meetings/appointments and calendar schedule, by using below simple steps.
For Calendar Appointments and Meetings:
For New Appointments/meetings-
- Click on file menu in your Outlook window; choose the calendar tab from the option menu.
- Below calendar option, select the default reminder checkbox, to turn-off or clear all default reminders for all new appointments/meetings.
- Enter how long before the appointment/meeting; you want the reminder to appear.
For existing appointments/meetings-
- Open the appointment/meeting.
NOTE: If the Open Recurring Item dialog box appears, tap on open this occurrence/open the series, and click on OK
- On the Appointment tab, from the Options group, in the Reminder drop-down list, select how long before the appointment or meeting when you want the reminder to appear.
To turn a reminder off, select none.
Note: The default reminder time is 18 hours for all-day events. You can’t change the default time for event which you created. You can change reminder time on each appointment and meetings.
For Email messages, contacts, and tasks
- On the Home tab, in the Tags group, click on Follow Up, and then click Add Reminder.
Note: By using the reminders, you can easily flag email messages as to-do items. Click on Flag Status column in the message list. If you already have a message open, then tap on message tab, in the tag group, click on Follow-Up button, and then click on add a Reminder.
- In the Custom dialog box, select or clear the Reminder check box. If you select the checkbox, enter the date and time when you want the reminder to appear.
- Click OK.
Add reminder in Outlook 2013/2016:
In Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 on your desktop, you can set or remove reminders for different items, such as email messages, meetings, and appointments.
For Calendar appointments and meetings
- At the bottom, left corner of the screen, click Calendar.
- In Outlook 2013 :
- In Outlook 2016:
- To turn default reminders on or off for all new appointments or meetings, under Calendar options, select or clear the Default reminders
- If you select the check box, enter how long before the appointment or meeting when you want the reminder to appear.
For other Appointments or Meetings
- At the bottom, left corner of the screen, click on Calendar.
- In Outlook 2013:
- In Outlook 2016:
- Open the appointment or meeting.
Note: If the open recurring item box appears, do one step from the following:
- If you want to set the reminder for just one appointment/meeting in a series, then select “just this one”, and click OK.
- If you want to set the reminder for just one appointment/meeting in a series, then select “entire series”, and click OK.
- On the Appointment Occurrence(or Appointment Series) or Meeting Occurrence (or Meeting Series) tab, click on the down arrow from the Reminder list, and select the time how long before the appointment or meeting you want to get a reminder.
To turn a reminder off, select none tab.
For Email messages
- Open the email message.
- At the bottom, left corner of the screen, click Mail.
- Outlook 2013:
- Outlook 2016:
- On the Home tab, click Follow Up, and then click Add a Reminder.
- In the Custom dialog box, select or clear the Reminder check box. Enter the date and time when you want the reminder to appear.
- Click OK.
Add reminder in Outlook 2016 Mac
Give below method explains how to set the reminders for different items in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for MAC, like email messages, appointments and contacts.
For Appointments or meetings
- Click on Calendar, at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on the appointment or meeting icon, which you will get at the top left of the screen. You will see a new window, where you can add details for the appointment/meeting.
- Change the reminder setting.
Email messages, contacts, and tasks
- At the bottom left of the screen, click on Mail tab.
- Either create a new item or open an existing one.
- To set a reminder/flag, use the Follow Up button.
This article will help you to set the reminder for all task, calendar schedule, meetings and appointments, etc in you Microsoft Outlook account version 2007/2010/2013/2016 and Microsoft Outlook 2016 MAC.