There can be numerous reasons due to which you might be facing issues signing into your Comcast email account. You may have forgotten your account password or maybe the CapsLk key on your keyboard is active or maybe your account has been hacked. As there can be multiple possibilities behind the login error, it is suggested to make sure of the following before following the further steps.
- Make sure you are entering the login credential for your Comcast email account correctly.
- Make sure that CapsLk key is not enabled on your keyboard.
- As modern web browser comes with “autofill” option, make sure that your browser is not auto-filling the password that you have already changes. In such a case, you will need to update the password in the auto-fill settings of your browser.
- If your Comcast email account is connected through an email client, make sure that it is configured with the correct email settings. Alternatively, you can try accessing your Comcast account using your email account instead of accessing it through an email client.
- Make sure that your Comcast modem or router is connected properly.
- Try accessing your account through another browser, computer, and internet network.
If even after following these steps you are unable to access your Comcast email account, then perhaps, your account has been hacked. In such a case you will need to reset your Comcast account by following the steps provided below.
Steps to Fix Comcast Email Login Issue By Resetting The Password
1.) Go to the sign-in page of Comcast email account and click on the Forgot username or password? option.
2.) Next, you will need to select the password option. You will be directed to the next page where you will be asked to provide your username of the Comcast account.
3.) After entering the username in the prompted field, you will need to click on the Continue button. This will direct you to the next screen.
4.) On the next screen, you will need to enter the CAPTCHA as shown on the screen and confirm it. As you will confirm the CAPTCHA, you will be given password recovery options like these:
- Send an email to ******@xyz.com
- Send a text message to my mobile phone (***) *918***
5.) You will need to select one of the password recovery options and click on the Continue option.
NOTE: Selecting the first option “Send an email to Afirstname.lastname@example.org” will send a password reset link to your email account. Simply follow the instructions provided in the mail to reset your password. However, if you select the second option “Send a text message to my mobile phone (***) *918***”, a code will be sent to your phone number which you will need to enter in the provided field to reset your password.
Moreover, if you don’t have access to your phone number or email address, you can select the option – “Try a different method”. Selecting this option will prompt you to answer a security question (selected during the sign-up process) and provide a ZIP code.
6.) After providing the required information, simply click on the Continue button. If Comcast authenticates your account successfully, you will be directed t the Password Reset page.
7.) On the Password Reset page, you will be asked to provide your new password in the prompted fields and click on the Continue button.
8.) After that, you will be notified by Comcast with a confirmation message for a successful password reset process. Once your password gets reset, you can begin accessing your Comcast email account as usual.
And, this is how you can easily reset the password for your Comcast email account and fix the login issue.