There can be different reasons which could be responsible for causing issues in accessing or operating your Comcast email account. If you are unable to carry out certain tasks in your account, it could be occurring due to the following reasons:
- Incompatible browser or email settings (when configured on third-party email client).
- Incompatible browser enhancement installed on the browser.
- Security programs preventing Comcast from functioning properly.
- Poor Internet connectivity.
- Problem at Comcast’s end.
In case you are facing trouble signing in to your account because you have forgotten the password, it is suggested to make sure of the following:
- Check whether or not you are entering the correct login credential for your Comcast email account.
- Check that CapsLk key is not activated on your keyboard.
- As modern web browser includes an “autofill” option, you will need to make sure that your web browser is not filling the old password automatically. In such a case, update the password in the auto-fill settings of your web browser.
- If your Comcast email account is configured on an email client, you will need to ensure that it is set up with the correct email settings. Alternatively, you can try signing in to your account with email account instead of accessing it through an email client.
- Check whether or not your Comcast modem or router is connected properly.
- Try signing in to your account using another browser, computer, and internet network.
If even after following the above-mentioned steps you are unable to access your Comcast email account, then it is suggested to reset your Comcast account by following the steps provided below.
Steps to Fix Comcast Email Login Issue By Resetting The Password
1.) Open Comcast sign-in page and click on the “Forgot username or password?” option.
2.) Next, select the password option. Doing so will direct you to the next page where you will be prompted to provide your user id of the Comcast account.
3.) Once you have entered the username in the provided field, click on the Continue button. You will be directed to the next screen.
4.) On the next screen, enter the CAPTCHA as shown on your screen and confirm your action. Confirming the CAPTCHA will display following password recovery options:
- Send an email to ******@abc.com
- Send a text message to my mobile phone (***) *630***
5.) Select one of the password recovery options from the given options and click on the Continue option.
NOTE: While selecting the first option “Send an email to Aemail@example.com” will send a password reset link on your email account, selecting the second option “Send a text message to my mobile phone (***) *918***” will send a code to your phone number. After that, you will simply need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
In case you don’t have access to your phone number or email address, you will need to select the option – “Try a different method”. Selecting this option will display an option to answer a security question (selected during the sign-up process) and provide a ZIP code.
6.) Once you would have provided the required information, you will need to click on the Continue button. If Comcast authenticates your account successfully, you will be taken to the Password Reset page.
7.) Once you are on the Password Reset page, you will be prompted to enter a new password in the provided fields. Then, click on the Continue button.
8.) After that, a confirmation message for a successful password reset process will be displayed on your screen. Once your password gets reset, you can sign in to your Comcast email account as usual.
So, these are the workarounds that you will need to follow to fix your Comcast email account when you are unable to access it or operate certain features in it.