If you are facing problem accessing your Comcast email account or error using any feature in it, there can be different reasons which could be responsible for the troubles. Some of the common reasons are as follows:
- Browser enhancements installed on the browser are not compatible.
- Web browser or email settings (when configured on third-party email client) are not compatible.
- Security programs on your computer system preventing Comcast from functioning adequately.
- Poor or frequently breaking Internet connection.
- Issues at Comcast’s end.
In case you are experiencing issues in signing into your Comcast email account because you don’t remember the password, it is suggested to make sure of the following:
- Make sure that you are entering the correct login credential of your Comcast account.
- Make sure that CapsLk key is not enabled on your keyboard.
- As most of the web browser comes with an “autofill” option, make sure that your browser is not automatically filling the old password. In such a case, it is suggested to update the new password in the auto-fill settings of your browser.
- If you have configured your Comcast email account on an email client, make sure that it is set up with the correct email settings. Alternatively, you can also try accessing your account directly instead of accessing it through an email client.
- Make sure that your Comcast modem or router is connected properly.
- Try signing in to your account via another browser, computer, and/or internet network.
If even after following the above-given instructions you are unable to sign in to your Comcast email account, you can reset your Comcast account by following the instructions given below.
Guide to Fix Comcast Email Login Issue By Resetting The Password
1.) Go to the Comcast sign-in page and hit “Forgot username or password?” option.
2.) Next, you will need to select the password option. This will direct you to the next page where you will need to enter your user id of the Comcast account in the prompted field.
3.) After entering the username, you will need to click on the Continue button. You will be directed to the next screen.
4.) On the subsequent screen, you will need to enter the CAPTCHA as displayed on your screen and confirm your action. As you will confirm the CAPTCHA, following password recovery options will be displayed on your screen:
- Send an email to ******@xyz.com
- Send a text message to my mobile phone (***) *279***
5.) Here, you will need to select one of the password recovery options and press Continue option.
- If you will select the first option - “Send an email to Afirstname.lastname@example.org”, send a password reset link will be sent to your email account, however, if you select the second option - “Send a text message to my mobile phone (***) *918***”, a code will be sent to your phone number. Once you receive the code, just follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- If you don’t have access to your phone number or email address, select the option – “Try a different method”. Selecting this option will give you an option to answer a security question (answered during the sign-up process) and provide a ZIP code.
6.) After fulfilling the required information, click on the Continue button. If Comcast authenticates your account successfully, you will be directed to the Password Reset page.
7.) Once you are on the Password Reset page, enter the new password in the provided fields and click on the Continue button.
8.) As you will click on the Continue button, a confirmation message for a successful password reset will be shown on your screen and you will be able to access your Comcast email account.
So, these are the workarounds that you will need to follow to fix your Comcast email account when you are unable to access it or operate certain features in it.