February 25, 2022 / Lily Collins
How To Create Folders in Yahoo Mail Account?
It can be quite frustrating to search for any particular email in your Yahoo Mail account. Although, Yahoo Mail offers decent searching options to find any email in your account, however, you need to know the related keywords related to the email you are looking for. Instead of searching for emails every time, it is best to sort all your emails into separate folders. Not only this will help you easily find your emails in the future, but it will also help you organize your mailbox. To sort emails in your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to create folders in your account. To know how to create a folder in Yahoo Mail, follow the steps provided below.
5 Steps to Create Folders in Yahoo Mail
- Log into your Yahoo Mail account using your Yahoo email address and password.
- Once you are signed in to your Yahoo Mail account, move your mouse cursor to the left-hand side panel and click on the Folders option. (Instead of clicking on the Folders option, you can also simply put your mouse cursor over it.)
- After clicking on the Folders option, you will see a “+” icon just right to it. Clicking on this icon will prompt you to enter a title for the new folder you wish to create. For example, if you wish to create this folder for your office emails, give it the title “Office”.
- After entering the title, you will need to hit Enter key on your keyboard. Your new folder will be created.
- Now, you can either move the emails from your Inbox folder to the Office folder manually, or you can create a filter to automatically send your incoming official emails to the new folder.
NOTE: The filter you create will work only on the future incoming emails and not on the existing ones in your Yahoo Mail account.
So, this is how you can create folders in your Yahoo Mail account to manage your emails.