When you are running out of space in your Android phone, there are numerous ways you can make space in it. One of the ways to make space in your Android device includes deleting emails from your email account such as Gmail. Well, deleting emails in your Gmail account on an Android phone one by one can be a troublesome task, especially when you have emails in multiples of hundreds and thousands.
In such a case, you may want to know about a method that can help you delete all the emails in your Gmail app on Android in one go. To know how to delete all the emails in your Gmail account on your Android phone, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below in this guide.
Steps to Delete All the Emails from Gmail Account on Android
- On your Android device, launch the Gmail app and go to the Gmail account from which you wish to delete the emails.
- Once you are in the Gmail account from which you wish to delete, you will need to open the exact folder from which you wish to delete the email messages.
- Next, you will need to tap on the icon located on the left side of an email you wish to delete in your Gmail account. Alternatively, you can also press and hold the message to select the option.
- Then, you will need to select the icon located next to any other emails you wish to delete from your Gmail account.
NOTE: As there is no option provided to select every message in a folder using the Android app if you wish to remove every email in Gmail, it is suggested to access your Gmail account from a web browser.
- After that, you will need to tap on the Delete icon. The selected messages will be removed from your Gmail account.
Steps to Delete Single Email in Gmail Quickly
The swipe gesture in the Gmail app allows a user to quickly delete emails. The only action a user needs to take in his Gmail app to delete an email quickly is by swiping on an email which he wishes to delete. Below are the detailed steps to quickly delete an email from your Gmail app.
- On your Android device, open a Gmail app and go to the Gmail account from which you wish to delete the email.
- Once you are in the Gmail account, you will need to tap on the Menu bar icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top-right corner of the Gmail app.
- From the displayed menu, you will need to select the Settings option. In the Settings section, you will need to go to the General settings option and then to the Swipe actions.
- Next, you will need to tap on the Change option for the Right swipe or Left swipe, and then select the Delete option.
- Then, you will need to tap on the Back arrow option to get back to your email account, after that swipe in the correct direction to remove emails.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow in order to delete all the emails from your Gmail app on an Android device.