February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Delete Hushmail Account?
If you are looking to terminate your Hushmail account, it is strongly recommended that you back up all your important email messages, files, documents, and contacts. Also, it is necessary that you inform those who communicate with you through Hushmail email address, and better if you also provide them with an alternate email address. Also, you would want to ensure that you have canceled subscriptions and paid off dues (if any) associated with your Hushmail account.
In addition to the aforementioned suggestions, it is also recommended to change the email address for the third-party online accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Once you have considered these recommendations, you can follow the instructions provided below to delete your Hushmail account.
Table of Contents
When Your Delete Your Hushmail Account
When you terminate your Hushmail account, you will the following actions being taken in your email account.
- Your Hushmail account along with all its content will be deleted permanently. Remember that this action will not be reversible.
- Considering the backup policy of Hushmail, some of the information might be stored in the backups.
- When you remove your Hushmail account, it might not help you get your information deleted from the log files ofHushmail.
- Once you would have deleted your Hushmail account, you will neither be able to reuse the email address nor will anyone else be allowed to create a Hushmail email account using your deleted email address.
To Delete YourHushmail Account
Now, to deactivate and delete your Hushmail email account permanently, you will first need to sign in to your email account on Hushmail’s website as usual. Once you are logged into your email account, compose an encrypted email to [email protected] requesting to deactivate and delete your Hushmail account. If your encrypted message gets delivered successfully to Hushmail, from your email account, your account will be deactivated and deleted within 2 business days.
If you wish to know how to compose and send an encrypted email from your Hushmail account, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide To Compose and Send an Encrypted Email
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your Hushmail account.
- Once you are logged into your Hushmail account, you will need to click on the Compose button. This will open the email composition box on your screen.
- In the composition window, you will need to enter the email address of Hushmail support ([email protected]) in the recipient field.
- Next, you will need to compose your email requesting Hushmail support to deactivate and delete your Hushmail account permanently.
- Once you have created the message, you will need to press the Message Options.
- In the Message Options, you will need to select the checkbox next to the option that readsEncrypt Message.
- After selecting the checkbox next to the Encrypt Message option, you will simply need to click on the Send button.
- As you will press the Send button, your encrypted email to request the closure of your email account will be sent to the Hushmail support team.
- You can then wait for two business days to get your account closed permanently.
NOTE: Usually when you try to send an email to a Hushmail user, the checkbox next to the Encrypt Messagegets selected automatically. This implies that an email message gets encrypted automatically before it gets delivered to a Hushmail account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to delete your Hushmail account permanently.