February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
2 Essential Techniques to Export Hotmail Emails to Thunderbird
“How do I export my Hotmail emails to Thunderbird?” – If you are looking for the best solution to this, you have come to the right spot.
In this blog, we will shed some light on various techniques to export Hotmail emails to Thunderbird. The process is not simple and straight. Further, there is no direct way to export all your Hotmail emails to Thunderbird. Follow the workarounds (multiple) meticulously and carry out the task.
Users have to count on two ways or methods to add Hotmail to Thunderbird. They are – Manually and Automated Hotmail Backup Tool.
Why Should You Export Hotmail Emails to Mozilla Thunderbird?
Before you accomplish the task, you need to understand why you want to export Hotmail emails to Thunderbird. Hotmail, known for being one of the first webmail services, allows its users to access emails from a web browser. Sometimes, it is not safe to use a web browser to access emails, considering the ever-increasing cybercrime activities. By exporting your Hotmail emails to Thunderbird, a free desktop application, you can easily download emails from the browser for free.
#Method 1 – Configure Hotmail with Mozilla Thunderbird Manually
The following workaround will guide you through backing up Hotmail emails to Thunderbird by adding or syncing Hotmail with Thunderbird.
- On Windows, you need to open Thunderbird.
- Hover the cursor over the ‘Tools’ tab and choose the ‘Account Settings’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Account Actions” from the “Account Settings” window.
- From there, you need to choose the “Add Mail Account” option.
- Upon seeing the “Set up an Existing Email Account” window pop-up, you will be prompted to provide your name, email address, and password.
- Click on the “Continue” option and select the “IMAP (remote folders)” or “POP3 (keep mail on your computer)” option.
- Click on “Done” and you will be redirected to the “Account Settings” window.
- Click on “Cancel”.
- You will now be able to see the Hotmail account setup on the left side panel in the Thunderbird.
- The emails need to be dragged from the configured account and dropped to Thunderbird.
- Simply drag and drop the emails. Your job will be done.
#Method 2 – Automated Hotmail Backup Tool
One of the main reasons why you should look up to #Method 2 is to transfer huge data, i.e. a bulk amount of emails. Following the manual configuration method not only becomes cumbersome but also a time-consuming process.
The Automated Hotmail Backup Tool allows users to export bulk emails from Hotmail to Thunderbird MBOX (readable file format). Once downloaded, the file can then be transferred to the Thunderbird account using Thunderbird Import Wizard. Here are a few benefits that users will avail of the software –
- The Automated Hotmail Backup Tool uses 6 different interface languages.
- The software performs selective export with proper date filters.
- The “Pause and Resume” option helps users save Hotmail to Thunderbird.
- Users can have the “Incremental Backup” option.
- The tool is ideal for both Mac OS and Windows
If you wish to switch your emails from one email client to another, i.e. Hotmail to Thunderbird, use the above-mentioned techniques to export Hotmail emails to Thunderbird. Although carrying out these solutions doesn’t have to be complicated, you may show interest in reaching out to the professionals to export your emails successfully.
Leave a Reply