It can be quite frustrating to see sign-in errors when trying to access your Yahoo Mail account. As there can be different reason causing the issue in your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to address the problem according to the reason responsible for the error. Below, we have provided a list of common sign-in errors (along with solution) that could be preventing you from accessing your account. Follow the instructions as suggested to fix the problem easily and quickly.
Steps to Fix Sign-in Errors in Yahoo Mail Account
1.) Forgot my Password or Incorrect Password or Hacked Account
When entering your User ID and Password to access your Yahoo Mail account, make sure that you are entering the correct credentials. Make sure that Caps Lock key is not enabled on your Keyboard. If you are entering the correct password and still you are unable to log into your account, your account might have been hacked. Follow these steps to reset the password for your account.
- Go to the Yahoo Sign-in Helper via link – https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?lang=en-GB&intl=uk&authMechanism=secondary&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&sessionIndex=QQ–
- Once the page gets opened on your browser, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password and regain access to your account.
2.) Signing from a New Device, Program or Location
When you try sign in from a new device, program, or location, Yahoo may prompt to enter an Account Key (sent to your email address or phone number) to verify your identity. If the verification information for your Yahoo Mail account is not up-to-date, you will need to first update your Account Recovery information using your any older device. Then you can try signing-in from a new device.
NOTE: To update your Account Recovery information, go to your Profile Photo > Account info > Account security. Update your phone number and email address under relevant section.
3.) Account “Locked” Notification
When Yahoo notices any sort of suspicious activities in your Yahoo account, it may lock your Yahoo Mail account temporarily in order to keep it secure from any sort of intrusion or other online threats. You can wait for 12 hours to let your account get unlocked automatically. However, you can always regain access to your account using the Yahoo Sign-in Helper via link – https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?lang=en-GB&intl=uk&authMechanism=secondary&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&sessionIndex=Qg–
4.) Sign-in Screen Keeps on Loading or Looping
If you are seeing the sign-in window re-loading again and again after you click on the “Sign in” button, you will need to reset the “sign-in” cookie. For this:
- Click on “Not you?” option on the sign-in page.
- Next, enter your Yahoo ID and password and then click on the “Sign in” option.
If the problem still persists, try the following steps:
- Clear the cookies from your browser.
- Restart your browser and then try to log into your account.
- If you are having trouble logging into Yahoo Mail or other Yahoo products, try signing in to the main Yahoo page.
- Follow these steps again using a different supported web browser.
So, these are some of the ways to fix sign-in errors in your Yahoo Mail account.