Most of the common issues such as freezing, slow browsing, missing menu, temporary errors etc. in Yahoo Mail generally occurs because of using an incompatible or unsupported web browser. Therefore, it is always recommended to use a supported web browser for any Yahoo products you use online. Also, it is suggested to make sure that the supported web browser you are using is the latest version. Moreover, certain Yahoo features may not work appropriately when you are using an outdated, unsupported browser, or older Operating System.
4 Yahoo Mail compatible web browsers which you can use:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
Note: IE or Internet Explorer is no longer a supported or compatible web browser for Yahoo products.
If you are already using the above-mentioned support web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account and facing trouble accessing or operating your account, you can follow the steps provided below.
Fix Supported Browser Issue for Yahoo Mail
In order to fix the supported web browser issue for your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to clear the cache of your web browser. Below we have provided instructions to clearing cache from a common Yahoo-supporting web browser.
Clearing Cache of Web Browser
1.) Google Chrome
- On your computer, launch Chrome and click on the More (three vertical dots) option located on the top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click on the More tools option and select Clear browsing data option.
- You can select the time range to clear cache for a particular period or you can select “All time” option to remove everything.
- Next, select the checkbox next to options – “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files“.
- Click on the “Clear data” option. The problem should get fixed.
- Click on the “Menu” button (three horizontal lines) and select “Options”.
- Go to “Privacy & Security” panel and click “Clear Now” in the “Cached Web Content” section.
- Then, close the about:preference All the changes that you would have made will be saved automatically.
3.) Apple Safari
- Select Reset Safari option from the Safari pull-down
- Click on the Clear history option and then on the Reset
4.) Microsoft Edge
- Launch Edge browser and click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines) located in the upper-right corner.
- Next, select the clock-shaped History
- Then, click on the Clear History option and then on Show more option to clear your browser’s cache.
Once you have cleared the cache from your particular web browser, try accessing your Yahoo Mail account, The problem should get fixed.