February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Forward CenturyLink Email to Gmail?
For Centurylink email account users looking for ways to forward their emails to Gmail, they will find this space pretty handy. In this blog, we will guide you through the process – how to forward Centurylink email to Gmail.
Are you using multiple email accounts including Centurylink and Google Mail?
Why not forward your Centurylink email to Gmail and enjoy a plethora of features and benefits?
Be it your personal email account or a business one, Gmail bestows upon you a wide range of advantages including huge storage space, online access anywhere, less manpower to maintain, synchronization with Outlook, security of data, easy search & organization, and instant messages and video conferencing.
To avail of yourself all these benefits of having a Gmail account or forwarding emails to your Gmail, you must learn the steps to complete the forwarding of your Centurylink emails to Gmail here.
How to Configure Centurylink Email in Gmail and Receive Emails in Latter?
Let’s dive deep and unravel the steps to configure your Centurylink mail account in Google Mail to receive all your Centurylink emails in Gmail.
- Go to the official website of Google Mail, i.e. Gmail or click here.
- Enter your “Email or phone” and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, enter your password.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- You are now on the home page of your Gmail account.
- Navigate to “Settings” (check the icon located at the top-right corner of the page).
- Click on the link “See all settings” and navigate to the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Scroll down and check the option “Check email from other accounts” and click on the link “Add an email account”.
- Here, you will be prompted to “Add an email account”. This should be the email address that you would like to add.
- After entering your Centurylink email address, click on the “Next” button.
- Select the option “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” and click on the “Next” button.
- In the fields “Username” and “password”, enter your Centurylink email account credentials once again.
- In the “POP Server” field, enter “pop.centurylink.net”
- Select the “Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server” option.
- Hit the “Add Account” button
- Then complete the procedure by clicking on the “Finish” button.
Why Should Forward Your Centurylink Email to Gmail?
Headquartered in Louisiana, Centurylink Email Services from Lumen Technologies (formerly CenturyLink) is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after email services offered in the United States and its territories. Although the Company boasts a huge number of email users for its amazing features, there are times when the email users have to deal with numerous problems including login issues. Some of the reasons why you may like to use Gmail or forward Centurylink emails to Gmail are –
- Frequent Login Error: One of the most common issues that Centurylink email account holders have been observed complaining about is the login issue. The login issues happen due to incorrect Centurylink email configuration settings, unnecessary junk emails, incorrect login credentials, update issues, etc.
- Centurylink Email Locked Issue: When you enter the wrong or incorrect credentials (username/ password), the system locks you out for 24 hours. Sometimes you have to send an important email, and in a hurry, you type in the wrong credentials, and you are locked out. In that case, you won’t be able to send emails from your Centurylink account within 24 hours.
- Failing to Send or Receive Emails: Sending or receiving emails will not be possible if your email box is full. The email box storage limit is 700 MB. This happens so frequently that Centurylink email users prefer receiving their emails on Gmail. Since you cannot keep deleting emails, forwarding your Centurylink emails to Gmail seems to be the most ideal solution.
For any technical help, reach out to professionals at Centurylink Customer Service Phone Number.