Microsoft Office is one of the most popular productivity suites which is used for Office documents. If you need to open, edit, or create office documents on a frequent basis, you may have to make use of Microsoft Office. If you do not wish to pay for the Office and you are looking to use it for free, below you can find different ways to get Microsoft Office for free.
Ways to Get Microsoft Office for Free
1.) Get an Office Trial
The first way to get Microsoft Office free is by using the trial of Office 365 for a month. This includes the Office 2016 versions of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Office programs. Microsoft Office 365 is the only version which is available for a free trial. However, signing up for the Office 365 free trial, you will need to provide a valid credit card.
You will be charged for the Office only after the completion of a one-month free trial. Make sure to cancel your subscription within one month of free trial to avoid any charges.
To download a free trial version of Microsoft Office:
- Go to the Office trial website - products.office.com/try.
- Click on the “Try 1-month free” button. The sign-up process will begin.
- Next, you will need to sign in with your Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, you can create a new one.
- Then, enter the details of your credit card.
- After that, you will need to download and run the Office 365 installer.
- And then, you can begin using the trial version of Office.
2.) Use Free Office Web Applications
Microsoft is known for offering Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office online applications for free. Here are the steps to make use of free Office web applications:
- Go to Office.com on your web browser to view available web applications.
- Once you are on the webpage, click on the Office program you wish to start.
- Next, you will need to sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Then, you can begin using the program. Make sure to frequently save the document when working online as the auto-save feature is not available for web applications.
3.) Use the Office Mobile Applications
As Microsoft Office applications are also available on iOS and Android device, you can easily download and install them to your mobile device and use them free. Here are the steps to use the Office Mobile Applications:
- Download the relevant Office mobile application on your Android or iOS device.
- Allow permission to the Office application to access your device storage.
- Next, sign in using your Microsoft to connect to the OneDrive. Connecting with OneDrive will allow you to access documents across devices.
- You can create a new document in your Office application by tapping the New option located at the top.
- Make use of different formatting tools to create your desired document.
- After creating a document, make sure to save the document at regular intervals.
4.) Use Alternative Options of Office
There are numerous alternative applications of Office that not only can help you find most of the features available in Office but some feature that even Office apps don’t have. Some of the most popular alternatives of Microsoft office are FreeOffice, LibreOffice, and OpenOffice.
You can use any such application to create and edit your documents. While most of these applications are available for desktops and as web applications, there are some available for a mobile device as well.
So, these are the different ways to use Microsoft Office for free.