Instant email notification is a blessing for today’s generation as they can concentrate on other activities without waiting for a mail. It will let you know the arrival of a new mail in your inbox instantly. To get the instant Yahoo Mail alerts for new messages, follow the steps mentioned below.
How to get instant Yahoo Mail alerts for new messages in your browser?
Your browser will show a desktop notification as soon as any mail will be delivered to your Yahoo inbox. To enable this feature, you need to:
- First of all, you need to check that the desktop alerts are enabled in your browser’s setting. Along with it, you can also check that Yahoo mail is not in the blocking list to display the desktop notification.
- Now visit Yahoo mail in the browser.
- You must use the full version of the Yahoo Mail.
- Now go to the setting by clicking on the Gear icon located at the top right corner of your inbox.
- Now click Viewing email category.
- Check the Enable desktop notification box. If you can’t see this option then sadly your browser does not support the feature. You can try to open the Yahoo mail in another version and carry on.
- Now click Save.
- Then you have to close the Yahoo mail and reopen it in the same browser.
- You must allow ‘****.mail.yahoo.com’ to display the notification in the browser.
- Now make sure that Yahoo is open in compressed or pinned tab or any normal tab to display the notification.
Every browser has a different procedure to enable the desktop notification. Here we will discuss the procedure of some leading web browsers.
- Open Google Chrome in your computer by clicking the icon.
- Now click on the Menu button situated at the extreme right side of the url field.
- The menu will appear and you need to select Settings from it.
- Now go to the Privacy and then Content Settings
- You check that one of the two options is selected. The two options are Allow all sites to show notifications or Ask when a site wants to show notifications (recommended).
- Now click on Manage exceptions under the Notification tab and make sure that there is no entry for ‘****.mail.yahoo.com’ in Deny list under the Behaviour.
- Now click Done twice to save the settings.
- Tap on the Open menu button of the browser.
- Now click on Preferences
- Click on Content Category
- Now under the Notifications click Choose
- Check block list to make sure no entry of ‘****.mail.yahoo.com’
- Close the window.
If your browser is not listed above, then you can contact the third party service to get instant Yahoo Mail alerts for new messages.