February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Recover Hacked Cox Email Account?
Whether you have forgotten the password of your Cox email account or it has been hacked, you will not be able to access your account until you reset the password. In order to reset the password of your Cox email account, you will need to have the access to one of the account security options (phone number or alternate email address) associated with your account. If you have access to your account security option, you can recover your hacked Cox email account by following the instructions provided below.
Guide to Recover Your Hacked Cox Email Account
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer and go to the home page of Cox.
- Once you are on the homepage of Cox, you will need to click on the Sign In My Account option located near the top-right corner of the screen. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the “Forgot Password?” option located below the Sign-in button. Doing so will direct you to the password reset page.
- On the password reset page, you will need to enter your User ID in the provided field and press the Look up account button. You will be directed to the next screen where you will be provided the following three options.
- Text me
- Answer security question
- Send email
- Considering the option you have access to, you will need to select one of the given options.
- If you select the Text me option, you will be provided a verification code on your phone number. For this, you will need to select the Text this phone button on the next screen.
- If you select Answer security question, you will need to answer the question prompted on your screen.
- If you select Send email option, you will be provided a verification email on your email address. For this, you will need to select Send verification email button on the next screen.
- Once you have the verification code (if you selected the Text me option), you will need to enter it on the next screen and press the Verify button. If you selected the Send email option, you will need to follow the instructions provided in the verification email.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to reset the password of your account. So, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the password reset process for your Cox email account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to recover your hacked Cox email account to regain access to your account.
Suggestions to Secure Your Cox Account
While the above-mentioned steps can help you reset the password of your hacked Cox account anytime, the below-mentioned suggestions will help you to secure your account from getting hacked by anyone in the future.
Some of the common reasons for which Cox may flag your account for suspicious activities are as follows:
- When you or anyone else tries to sign in to Cox account from unknown IPs or locations.
- If the credentials of your account are found to be posted online by cybercriminals.
- If there are any unknown email addresses or mailboxes appearing in your Cox Email account inbox.
- If any email has been sent from your Cox Email address gets automatically forwarded to suspicious mailboxes.
If ever any of these suspicious activities are noticed by Cox, they are most likely to block your account temporarily for preventing any unauthorized access or use.
Tips to Prevent a Compromised Account
- It is strongly suggested to always use your Cox account login information only for Cox products and services. If ever your Cox account login credentials get stolen on any website, they can be misused to get information from your Cox accounts.
- Never click on the links and URLs from people that you do not know.
- Make sure to update the passwords for each of your Cox accounts to passwords that you have never used for Cox or any other account online. Also, make sure to use a different password for each Cox user ID that you own.
- Never use the same user ID and password combinations of your Cox account on any other websites.
- Make sure that you are using an updated version of the antivirus program or application on your device.
So, these are the tips that will help you prevent your Cox email account from getting hacked in the future by anyone.