The iCloud Keychain is a brilliant tool for users who are unable to remember their passwords and other secure information about their different devices. iCloud Keychain is a perfect security tool that remembers everything for you so that you don’t have to remember such important information. If you wish to know how to set up iCloud Security Code for your account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below in this guide.
Steps to Set Up iCloud Security Code
To use iCloud Keychain, you will need to have iOS 7.0.3 or higher on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and OS X Mavericks 10.9 or above on your Mac. Once you would have updated your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the latest version of iOS, the setup assistant will prompt you to configure iCloud Keychain.
NOTE: The instructions for setting up iCloud keychain may vary if you are using two-factor authentication or any other type of security such as your email, password, or security questions.
If You Have Two-Factor Authentication
If you have two-factor authentication enabled, your device is in the trusted list when you log in with your Apple ID, therefore you won’t have to re-approve it.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Begin by tapping on the Settings option, then on your Name, and then on the iCloud option. In case of 10.2 or earlier version, you will need to tap on the Settings > iCloud option.
- Next, you will need to tap on the Keychain option.
- Then, you will need to slide to turn on the iCloud Keychain.
On your Mac
- Start by clicking on the Apple Menu, then go to System Preferences, and then go to the iCloud option.
- Next, you will need to select the Keychain option.
If You Are Using Two-Step Verification, or Email, Password, or Security Questions
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch
- In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you will need to select the Settings option.
- In Settings, you will need to select your name and then select iCloud option. In case you have 10.2 version or earlier, you will need to tap on the Settings option and select the iCloud option.
- Then, you will need to tap on the Keychain option and slide to activate.
- After that, you will need to enter your Apple ID and follow the instructions to complete the process.
On your Mac
- On your Mac, you will need to select Apple menu and go to System Preferences and then to iCloud section.
- Next, you will need to enter your Apple ID and password in the provided field and follow the instructions provided on screen.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow in order to create your iCloud Security Code.