February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Keep ATT.Net Email After Cancel?
When you purchase any product or services from AT&T, you are most likely to be offered an Att.net email account for managing communication. However, if you ever wish to do away with the AT&T product or services you purchased or subscribed to, you may wonder whether you will be allowed to keep the att.net email or not. Well, fortunately, if you ever cancel your AT&T email account, you will still be able to have access to your email account provided that your account is not left unused or have a bad reputation (due to sending spam messages).
If your AT&T email account has a good standing and you have decided to keep the email but not the services, you can easily keep your att.net email account after termination by unmerging it. To know how to unmerge your account, follow the instructions provided below.
However, before following the unmerging process, make sure that there is no balance owed on the AT&T internet account. This is because, if there is a balance owed on your AT&T internet account, you are most likely to lose access to your email until it gets settled. Moreover, if you wish to ensure that your AT&T internet account has a good reputation, you can chat with AT&T (https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-TV-Account/Need-Help-Chat-With-Us/m-p/5090349#M23865). If you would have broken any terms and conditions of AT&T, your email will be deactivated by the service provider.
Table of Contents
You will no longer be allowed to reset your email at att.com when you terminate your services. Therefore, it is recommended to configure security questions before you terminate. Doing so will help you reset your password easily if you ever forget it.
Connect your Email to Your Mobile Account
It is strongly recommended to connect your email to your Mobile Account as it helps in resetting your password in the future if ever a need arises.
Merged Email Addresses
You are most likely to be having an option to unmerge your email account if your Yahoo email is connected to your att.net email account. When you unmerge the account, the att.net email gets deleted. Make sure to process the request within 30 days of termination.
Now, to know how you can unmerge the account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer and go to the myAT&T page using the URL –
- Once you are on the myAT&T page, you will see a login page on your screen. In the relevant fields of the sign-in page, you will need to enter the Member ID and Password of your AT&T account. You will be logged into your AT&T account.
- Once you are logged into your AT&T account, you will need to click on the Profile option. This will expand the menu on your screen. From the expanded menu, you will need to select the Update My Profile option. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Account Profile option under AT&T Email Accounts section. Doing so will open another set of options on your screen.
- From the displayed options, you will need to select the Delete Account option by navigating to the Member ID section.
- Once you have selected the Delete Account option under the Member ID section, you will need to press the OK button. Doing so will confirm your action of deleting the account.
- To know whether the account deletion of your account is confirmed or not, you will need to verify the Status under the User Information section.
- You will find the Status option located at the bottom of the User Information section. Here, you will find the option to be displaying “Disabled”.
- If you see the “Displayed” option appearing under Status, it implies that the process has been completed successfully.
- Now, if you wish to continue using your Yahoo Mail account, you will simply need to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account using the relevant login credentials. After that, you will just need to select the Unmerge button. You will find the Unmerge button located in the lower right corner of the page.
And, this is how you can easily keep your att.net email account after canceling the services from the company.