One of the most annoying issues experienced by Gmail users in their account is “Error #007”. The error #007 generally occurs with a message that reads as – a server error occurred and your email was not sent. If you are experiencing this error in your Gmail account, it is more likely to be occurring because of some of the Lab features on Gmail. Lab features are basically experimental options that are provided to the users for personalizing their inbox with business functionality.
As these features are pre-release options and are not completely tested, they may lead to errors like #007. In order to fix this error in your Gmail account, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Fix Gmail oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#007)
- Go to a web browser on your computer and go to the Gmail sign-in page. Log in to your account.
- Once you are logged in to your Gmail account, you will need to click on the gear icon located on the top-right corner. This will open the drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the Settings option. This will direct you to the Settings section of your Gmail account.
- In the Settings section, you will need to go to the Labels tab.
- In the Labels tab, you will need to enter Background Send to search. Once you are in the Background Send section, simply disable it.
- Also, you can try overcoming the problem by going to the Advanced tab in the Settings section of your Gmail account.
- In the Advanced tab, make sure to disable all the given options. Then, save the changes made.
- After that, check whether the error #007 is fixed in your Gmail account or not.
NOTE: Disabling the “Background Send” lab in your Gmail account may take a couple of minutes to get deactivated. So, try sending an email from your Gmail account after waiting for several minutes. Also, after disabling this feature, make sure to restart your web browser and also sign out and sign in again to your account.
How Disabling “Background Send” Lab Helps Fix Error #007?
Background Send lab features basically work by allowing your Gmail account to be capable of sending an email from your account even when you exit from the window, or you go to any other folder in your account. Though background send lab is a great feature for users who prefer multitasking in their Gmail account – moving from one section to other in their Gmail account after sending an email, sometimes, this advantage can lead to error like #007, preventing you from sending an email from your Gmail account.
In most cases, following this workaround should clear error #007 in your Gmail account and you should be able to send an email from your account. However, if you are unable to overcome this problem even after following the above-mentioned solution, other measures that you can consider are as follows:
- Always make your web browser running with the latest updates. Using an outdated version of your browser may cause a variety of issues in your Gmail account including problem sending email.
- Also, make sure that your device on which you are trying to access your Gmail account is running with the latest version of the operating system.
- Make sure to frequently clear cache and cookies from your web browser.
- Sometimes a third-party browser extension/add-on can also cause issues with Gmail. Therefore, it is suggested to disable your browser extension (one at a time) to see which browser enhancement is exactly causing the problem. Once you identify the one causing problem, disable it permanently and then try to send an email from your Gmail account.
- Try accessing your Gmail account using another web browser and see if this clears the error while sending a message from your Gmail account.
- Like browser enhancements, antivirus programs are also known for preventing Gmail from functioning properly. Therefore it is suggested to ensure whether your antivirus is causing trouble sending an email from your account. For this, all you need to do is disable your antivirus program and firewall settings (one at a time) and then try sending an email from your Gmail account. If you are able to send an email from your Gmail account after disabling either of them, you can create an exception in the particular program to easily send emails from your Gmail account.
- Try opening Gmail without Gmail labs.
- Make sure that the email you are trying to send from your Gmail account doesn’t include a file of more than 25 MB size. This is because Gmail allows a user to only send a file with a size of no bigger than 25 MB. This includes the complete size of the email.
- Make sure that the file you are trying to attach in your Gmail account is not infected with any sort of virus. Also, make sure that the title of the file you are trying to attach is not including any special characters such as !@#$%.
- Try sending the email from a new web browser, internet network, and other devices. Sometimes the problem can also occur due to a faulty web browser or issue with the network connection. Changing the device can also help you send an email when it is urgent.
- In rare cases, the problem can also be at Google’s server, so, it is also suggested to wait for sometime before trying to send an email from your Gmail account. This is recommended because the error message itself reads that “a server error occurred and your email was not sent”. Here server error can be referred to as an issue with the Gmail server.
So, these are the workarounds that you can follow in order to overcome a problem in your Gmail account.