February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
Protonmail Email Forwarding – How to Forward ProtonMail Emails to Other Email Accounts Automatically?
Amongst its many features – end-to-end encryption, zero access to user data, open-source cryptography, hardware-level security, anonymous, and self-destructing messages – the ProtonMail email forwarding feature allows you to migrate ProtonMail emails to other email accounts, including Gmail or G Suite accounts. If you, too, are looking for the steps to forward your ProtonMail emails to other accounts, you have got to read this post till the end.
Let’s get started –
Protonmail Email Forwarding Tips to Migrate Emails to Other Accounts
When you forward emails of your other accounts, all the contents (text and attachments) will be forwarded to the desired email address. It wouldn’t miss out on any information. If you are already using Gmail and have done it before, it shouldn’t be a tough thing to do.
For someone who’s already using a ProtonMail account, he or she wouldn’t find it difficult to accomplish the task by following the mere steps below. Let’s understand the step-by-step process of forwarding ProtonMail emails to other email service accounts.
- Start with logging into your ProtonMail account.
- Look for the “Import/Export” option.
- On the page “ProtonMail Import/ Export”, select the format of the exported email.
- Next, select the “MBOX” option.
- Click on the button “Export” and run MBOX to Gmail.
- To add ProtonMail mailboxes, click “Add Files” or “Add Folder”.
- After adding ProtonMail emails, click on the button “Next”.
- Now, you must select either “Forward all ProtonMail mailboxes into Gmail/ G Suite account” or “Forward each ProtonMail mailbox into different Gmail/ G Suite account”. After selecting one option, click “Next”.
- Depending upon your choice (that you selected), you need to enter the details. If you have selected the first option, i.e. “Forward all ProtonMail mailboxes into Gmail/ G Suite account”, enter your Gmail account login credentials. If chosen the second option, i.e. “Forward each ProtonMail mailbox into different Gmail/ G Suite account”, enter the account login details.
- Now, click on the “Export” option.
- As soon as you click on this button, the migration process will start.
- Upon completion of the process, you will get a “Conversion Completed” message.
- Click “OK” to complete the migration process.
Learn How to Migrate from Gmail to ProtonMail
Here are some quick steps to forward your messages from your Gmail account to ProtonMail.
- Log into your Gmail account. On the home screen, look for the “Settings” button/ icon. (It should be located in the top right corner.)
- Click on it and navigate to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” section.
- Here, you need to simply click “Add” a forwarding address.
- In the new window, enter your ProtonMail email address, and click on the “Next” button.
- Click “Process”.
- Next, open ProntonMail to find a confirmation message.
- Verify the link by clicking on it and confirm forwarding.
- Refresh your Gmail account webpage and select “Forward a copy of incoming mail” in the section Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- From the drop-down menu, select your ProtonMail email address.
- Click on the option “Save Changes”.
That’s it! You have successfully carried out the migration process from Gmail to ProtonMail.
Follow the steps meticulously and make no mistakes to get the desired results. For any query or technical help, reach out to the professionals. The certified technicians are available round the clock.