February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Remove an Account from Outlook?
When you remove an email account from Outlook, it doesn’t deactivate the email account. If you also wish to deactivate your account, you will need to contact the email account provider. Once you would have removed an account from Outlook, you will no longer be able to send and receive emails from the removed account in your Outlook. Below you can find the steps to easily remove your email account from Outlook.
Steps to Remove or Delete an Email Account from Outlook
NOTE: The below-mentioned instructions are applicable for the Microsoft 365 subscription version of Outlook, Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- Open the Outlook email program on your computer and select the File option from the main window. You will find it located under the top-left corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears under the File section, you will need to select the Account Settings. Then again you will need to select the Account Settings option.
- Then, under the Account Settings section, you will need to select the account which you wish to delete from your Outlook email program. Then, you will need to select the Remove option.
- As you will press the Remove option, you will see a message notifying you that all offline cached content for this account will also be removed. It is to be noted that this will only affect content downloaded and stored on your computer.
- After that, you will need to select the Yes option to confirm your action.
NOTE: If you wish to remove the last or the only email account you have configured in your Outlook, you will be prompted a warning message that you must set up a new location for your data before you delete the account. Make sure to do so before proceeding further.
Steps to Remove a Connected Account from Outlook on the Web
If you wish to remove a connected email account from your Outlook on the web account, you can follow the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your Outlook on the web account.
- Once you are logged into your Outlook on the web account, you will need to select the Settings option (gear icon) located in the Outlook toolbar.
- Next, you will need to select the Mail option under the Your app settings section.
- Then, in the navigation pane, you will need to select the Mail option.
- Next, you will need to select the Connected account option under the Account section
- After that, you will need to choose the account you wish to remove, and then select the Remove option (trash icon).
- Then, you will need to select the Yes option to confirm that you wish to prevent the connection of your account.
- Once you would have removed your account from Outlook on the web, you will be able to delete any email messages that you may still find in Outlook.
So, these are the steps that you will need to remove an account from Outlook.
Leave a Reply