Some issues are common in Roadrunner email account that affects the user experience in varied ways. However, this doesn’t mean that one shouldn’t use Roadrunner email services as you will find some sort of issues on other email services as well one or the other time. Most of such common issues can be easily avoided by following some simple steps. Solutions to some of the common Roadrunner email issues are provided below.
Steps To Fix Common Roadrunner Email Problems
1.) Trouble Changing Roadrunner Email Password
One of the most common issues that Roadrunner email users face in their account is a problem changing their password. If you are facing the same problem in your Roadrunner email account, you can fix it by following these steps:
- On your computer, go to the Roadrunner Password Reset Tool page.
- On the page, click on the “I know my email password and I want to change it” link if you remember your password. You will be directed to the Account Management page.
- On the Account Management page, you will be taken through a couple of steps to change your password.
- In case you don’t remember your password, click on the “I don’t know my email password” link on the Password Reset Tool page and follow the on-screen prompts to reset your password.
2.) Unable Send & Receive Emails
If you are unable to send or receive emails in your Roadrunner email account, you can fix the issue by considering the following factors.
- Check whether or not your internet is working correctly.
- Make sure there is ample storage space available in your email account.
- Check the IMAP/POP settings if you have configured your email account on a third-party email client.
- Make sure that your ISP is not blocking connection for the outgoing mail (SMTP) server.
- Check the status of Roadrunner email for any technical issue at their end.
3.) Problem Setting Up Additional Email Accounts
You can set up additional email accounts easily by following these steps:
- Go to Subscriber Self Care page and log into your primary Roadrunner email account.
- Next, click on the Create New Sub User option, fill up the form and submit it.
4.) Forgot Roadrunner Email Account Password
If you have forgotten your Roadrunner email account, you can easily recover it by following these steps:
- Go to the Password Reset page.
- On the page, click on the “I don’t know my email password”.
- Next, you will need to enter your email address and complete the captcha process.
- After that, click on the Submit button and follow the further on-screen prompts to reset your password.
5.) “The mail server denied access to your account because another mail client was using it” Error
This error generally occurs when you are using both IMAP and POP simultaneously or if you are using POP on multiple devices. To fix this error, it is suggested to configure your Roadrunner email account using IMAP. Settings for IMAP are provided below.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.twc.com
- Incoming Server –IMAP port: 993
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): mail.twc.com
- Outgoing Server – SMTP port: 587*
Note: If you are able to receive emails, but unable to send from your mobile device, simply use the Outgoing SMTP server and port of the mobile carrier you are using.
- Inbound & Outbound User Name: Enter full email address
- Inbound & Outbound Password: Email Password (same as WebMail)
- SMTP Server Requires Authentication: Checked
So, this is how you can easily fix some of the most common issues in your Roadrunner email account.