Whether you are using a Gmail account or an Outlook one, you have an option to save an email as a file on your computer.
Steps To Save an Email as a PDF in Gmail
All Gmail users can save their inbox messages as PDF files right on their computer by following the underneath methods.
- Sign-in to your Gmail account using the log-in credentials
- Click on a particular email
- As it opens, click the “three dots” icon as mentioned in the picture below
- You will get an option called “Print” from the drop-down menu
- Select Print
- Another page will open where you will have the option to “Save” the email
- Click the ‘Change’ button and select where you wish to save the PDF file
- Now click on the button “Save as PDF”
- It will now be downloaded to your computer.
Save an Email as a PDF in Outlook
Users of Outlook too can avail the facility of saving the email as a PDF file on their computer. If you are a user of Outlook, here’s what you should do.
- Open the Outlook URL, i.e. www.outlook.com
- You may also like to sign-in to your Outlook account
- Select a message and click it
- Look for the down-facing triangle icon and click it (the icon can be found to the right of the ‘Reply’ button)
- You will see the ‘Print’ option from the drop-down menu
- Click the option, it will open a preview of the message
- As you click “Print” (the button/ icon), it will open your computer’s Print dialogue box
- ‘Print to PDF’ – you need to select the button (on some computers, it may be called Microsoft Print to PDF or Export as PDF)
- Press “Save” or “OK”
One can also save the email as a PDF file using Mail App or Mac. The techniques are more or less the same. We will talk about this in our later post. However, you can use the above-mentioned methods to save an email as a PDF file. Users can seek the help of the professionals if they want.