June 3, 2022 / Lily Collins
How To Fix AT&T Email Sign In Error
There can be numerous reasons for a sign-in error in your AT&T email account. The reason could be anything from entering the wrong username/password, forgotten password, connectivity issue to a hacked account, or an unsupported web browser.
Generally, the most common reasons for the sign-in error are forgotten passwords or hacked accounts. If you have forgotten your password or your account’s security is compromised, you can recover your account by resetting the password for it.
To know how you can reset the password for your AT&T email account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below in this guide.
8 Steps To Fix AT&T Email Sign In Error
Before following the steps to fix the AT&T email sign-in error by following the instructions provided below, make sure that you have a proper internet connection available for your computer through which you are going to reset the password.
- Open the following link on your browser and wait until the page gets loaded on your screen. https://m.att.com/my/#/forgotLoginLanding?Flow_Indicator=FPWD. You will see a couple of options appearing on your screen.
- As you wish to reset the password for your AT&T email account, you will need to click on the radio button next to the Password option under the “I forgot my… section.
- Next, under Password Section, you will need to enter the user id of the AT&T email account for which you wish to reset the password. Enter it under the User ID field.
- Next, you will need to enter the last name under the “Last name” field. After that, you will need to enter the code as shown in the image on your screen in the provided field.
NOTE: Select the checkbox next to Save User ID if you are using a trusted device for recovering your account.
- Once you are done entering the required information in the appropriate fields, you will need to click on the Continue button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to select the option using which you would like to reset the password for your AT&T email account. The options will be something like these –
- Send me a temporary password.
- I’ll answer my security questions.
- If you wish to receive the temporary password, you can simply select the option – Send me a temporary password. Enter the temporary code in the provided field along with your AT&T email address and confirm the password. You will be allowed to reset the password for your account.
NOTE: In case you have accidentally closed the window where you were supposed to enter the temporary password; you can enter it on the AT&T sign-in page as well. As you will enter it on the AT&T sign-in page, you will be directed to reset the password for your account.
- However, if you are unable to receive the temporary password, you can select the second option “I’ll answer my security questions” and answer the question to reset the password for your AT&T email account.
And, this is how you can fix the sign-in error for your AT&T email account.