The password is the only barrier in your GMX Email account which prevents an intruder from having access to your data and information. If you doubt that someone has access to your GMX Email account, it is strongly recommended to change your password as quickly as you can. This is important because the longer a hacker has access to your account the more troublesome situation can get for you. So, make sure to change your password as soon as possible when you even the slightest doubt on the security of your account.
Steps to Change GMX Email Password
1.) Sign into your GMX account using your username and password.
2.) Once you are signed into your GMX account, click on the Home option and select My Account option.
3.) Under My Account section, click on the Security Options. You will be directed to next window.
4.) On the next screen, click on the Change password option located under Password section.
5.) Next, you will need to enter your current password in the prompted field. Similarly, you will need to enter your new password in the two prompted fields.
6.) Once you have entered the new password in the appropriate fields, confirm your new password by simply clicking on the Save changes option. Your password will get changed.
NOTE: When creating a new password, check for the following:
- Make sure to create a longer password. Creating short password are easy to crack.
- Make sure to create a unique password and use it only for this account. If you use the same password for any other online account, security of both accounts will get compromised if either of the accounts gets hacked ever.
- Make a combination of alphabets, numerical, and special characters when creating a password.
- Never ever share or write your password to anyone or anywhere.
- Avoid opening spam or phishing emails.
So, this is how you can change your GMX email account password and make it more secure.