With Outlook Mail configured on your computer, you can easily connect and access all your Yahoo Mail in Outlook itself. To know how to sync and access Yahoo Mail in Outlook, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Access Yahoo Mail with Outlook
1.) On your desktop, open Outlook and go to File > Add Account.
2.) Next, select the option – Manual setup or additional server types, and then choose POP or IMAP. Click Next.
3.) Enter your account information and fill up the following settings:
- Enter your name and email address in the User Information
- Select IMAP as Account Type.
- Enter mail.yahoo.com under Incoming mail server column.
- Enter mail.yahoo.com under Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Then under Logon Information, enter your User Name and Password in the provided field. Make sure you select the option – Remember password.
- Next, go to More Settings and select Outgoing Server
- Under Outgoing Server, click on the checkbox next to both options my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
4.) Then, go to the Advanced tab, and make the following changes:
- Incoming server (IMAP) value to 993
- Incoming server encrypted connection to SSL from the drop-down menu.
- Outgoing server (SMTP) value to 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection to Auto from the drop-down menu.
5.) Click on the Ok button save settings and then click on the Next button.
6.) You will be prompted for a Test completed successfully message. Click Close in the Test Account Settings dialog box once the test gets completed successfully.
7.) Finally, click on the Finish button and return to your Outlook account. You will find your Yahoo account linked to Outlook account.
8.) You can then start receiving and sending emails directly from your Yahoo Mail account through Outlook.
So, this is how you can easily access Yahoo Mail with Outlook account.