February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Add Folders to Each Account in Outlook?
Apart from providing the feature to add multiple email accounts to your Outlook account, the email service also offers you the option to manage email messages by creating folders. Folders allow users an excellent way to organize email messages, contacts, tasks, and calendars in Outlook. If you wish to add folders to each account in Outlook, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Table of Contents
Guide to Add Folders to Email Accounts in Outlook
When Creating a Folder in Outlook
- To begin with, you will first need to sign in to your Outlook account and go to the Mail, Contacts, Tasks, or Calendar.
- Once you are in the Mail, Contacts, Tasks, or Calendar section, you will need to right-click where you wish to add the folder. This will open the menu on your screen.
- From the expanded menu, you will need to select the New Folder option.
NOTE: The New Folder command gets replaced with New Calendar when in the Calendar section.
- Next, you will need to enter a desired name for the new folder in the provided field under the Name box, and then simply press the Enter key on your keyboard.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to create a folder in Outlook. For different email accounts configured in your Outlook account, you will first need to select the email account from the left-hand side panel, and then follow the step-by-step instructions provided above. In addition to creating a folder for each account in Outlook if you also wish to use Categories to Color-Code messages, follow the steps provided below.
- In order to set up category preferences in Outlook, you will need to go to the Home > Categorize > All Categories option.
- Here, you will find the option to add, delete, and rename categories, as well as the option to assign a shortcut key to categories.
- To do this in your Outlook.com account, you will need to select a message and then go to the Categorize > Manage categories option.
- Then, in the Categorize dialog box, you will be able to add or delete categories and notify whether you wish to make them appear in the Favorites list or not.
Applying a Category Color to an Email
- In your Outlook account, you will first need to open an email in the message list.
- Next, you will need to choose Categorize from the Tags group in the Home tab.
- Then, you will need to select the category you wish to apply to the email message. The color indicator will get reflected next to the email in the message list and the header of the email you will be opening.
- Alternatively, you can also go to the message list, right-click on the email message which you wish to categorize in your account.
- Then, you will need to choose Categorize option in the menu that appears on your screen.
- After that, you will need to select the category that you want to apply to the email message. Once you are done with it, you will find the color reflecting next to the mail in the message list, as well as the header of the email you will be opening.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to add folders to each account in your Outlook account.