February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Block Emails on Hotmail Using These Top Hacks?
Do you mind wasting 17 days a year deleting spam messages in your inbox? If you do, there’s a solution to blocking emails and save those precious 17 days that you would rather want to spend with your family and friends, vacationing and merrymaking.
So, how to block emails on Hotmail? You might have this question in mind – in the process of blocking emails, you shouldn’t miss out on important messages. You will learn here how to protect and safeguard your Hotmail account from phishing scams and hackers.
How to Block Emails on Hotmail Using 3 Ways?
Like any reputable email service provider (also known as ESP), Hotmail, too, has a spam detector or spam filters to stop unsolicited emails and harassment messages. You will learn here how to block emails on Hotmail using three important ways or rules.
1) Blocking by Email Address: This is a straightforward method to block a specific email address. Select the particular sender and add his/ her email address to the blocked address list. To do that –
- Go to the Hotmail log-in page and use credentials to sign in.
- Look for the gear icon in the Inbox and choose “Options” from the drop-down menu.
- This will redirect you to the Account Settings page. Under the Mail category, hit the “Blocked senders” option.
- Enter the email address that you want to block and click on the + icon.
- Press the “Save” button.
- You have now added the email address to the block list.
2) Set up a Filtering Rule: Another way to block emails on Hotmail is to create a filtering rule.
- Log into your Hotmail account.
- Go to “Settings” > “Options” from the drop-down menu.
- You will see a menu called “Inbox and sweep rule”. As you click on this, an inbox rule will be created.
- Now, press the + icon, type a name in the text box.
- Click on the label “when the message arrives, and it matches all of these conditions”.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Take your cursor over the “It was sent or received” option and click “Received from”.
- Next, it will prompt you to enter the email addresses that you wish to block.
- Click “OK” and hover “Move, copy, or delete”.
- From the next pop-out menu, choose “Delete the message”.
- Click “OK”.
Now, all the incoming messages from the listed email addresses will be blocked and deleted.
3) Block All Unknown Emails: The third and last method to block unwanted and suspicious emails is mentioned below. You need to create a safe sender’s list and then start blocking unknown emails. The process wouldn’t take much time.
- Log into your Hotmail (Outlook) account.
- Go to “Settings”.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Options”.
- You will now select the option “Filter and reporting” just below the heading “Junk email”.
- You will see an option “Exclusive” (just beneath the label heading “choosing a junk email filter”).
- Click on the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Safe senders” button.
- The safe sender window will open where you will have to enter the email addresses. The Safe Sender list will have the email addresses from which you want to receive emails.
- Click on the “Save” button.
There you go! Follow these methods carefully to safeguard your email address from hackers and spam messages.
If you want an instant solution, the technical team is ready to offer a quick hand