February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Block Email Text Messages in AT&T?
If you are finding your AT&T mailbox stuffed with unwanted text messages from different brands and service providers, you may want to get rid of them right away. While it is easier to neglect a couple of spam text messages one or the other time, getting them in dozens on regular basis is a serious concern, especially considering the over-the-limit text messages are $0.10 a pop.
And although there a few paid services and subscriptions offered by both AT&T and third parties to help you manage text message spam, however, the cost of these add-ons may exceed your overages significantly. Well, fortunately, AT&T has recently rolled out a new method to minimize and get rid of text messages without paying anything extra. To know how to block email text messages in AT&T, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Block Email text Messages in AT&T
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, and go to the mymessages.wireless.att.com page.
- Once you open the URL, you will need to register for the My Messaging account with AT&T Wireless.
- To register for the My Messaging account, you will not be provided a login section for this page by default.
- In this case, you will need to click on the Register Now option and configure a password. Doing so will text you a registration code.
NOTE: It is to be noted that this is different from your MyWireless Login which is associated with your AT&T iPhone application.
- Next, you will need to log in to your account once you are done registering at mymessages.wireless.att.com and entering the registration code in the relevant field. Once you will be logged in, you will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will find a number of Blocking options on the left-hand side of the panel.
- Under the Blocking Options section, you will need to select the checkbox next to the following options on your screen
- Block all text messages sent to you as email
- Block all multimedia messages sent to you as email.
NOTE: You can also accomplish the same thing simply by selecting the Block option from the Mobile number control drop-down menu.
When you follow these steps, the basic thing it does is that it stops people (spam message sender) from sending you text messages via email. You can do so easily by sending a message to [email protected] or [email protected] using any email service. However, the disadvantage with it is that while it does not cost the sender a single cent, however, it may mount the charges/usage for you. And, this is the reason text spammers prefer this method.
The spammers always try to enter every possible number and try to reach you. As it is totally a blind hit, expecting relief by “unsubscribing” is not in the scope if you are being bothered by any such spammers. And it is considered that replying to mass text messages might lead to even more spam, considering the fact that it confirms that they have got a valid AT&T mobile number.
In such a case, the most secure method for controlling email text spam is to block all email text and SMS messages.
To Manage Text to Email with AT&T
If you do not wish to block everything on your phone (for example – your family and friends), you can consider limiting the text-to-email features. For this, you can consider adding email addresses to your Allow List. Doing so will make your AT&T account get a feature working as a whitelist. This way you will be able to receive emails as text from the address addresses even though you have blocked all text email.
So, these are the steps and workaround you will need to follow to block email text messages in your AT&T account.