February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Change Comcast Email Password in 5 Simple Steps
“I sense a security concern with my Comcast.net email account. What should I do?”
One of the Comcast email users had this query. If you, too, sense a security concern and are looking for ways to stay safe, we suggest changing your Comcast email password.
Below, we have provided the simplest steps to change the Comcast email password.
Table of Contents
5 Simple Steps to Change Comcast Email Password
The password of your Comcast email account can be changed in two different methods –
- Changing Comcast (Xfinity) password via ‘My Account’
- Changing Comcast (Xfinity) password via the Xfinity My Account App
Let’s check out the steps to update or change your Comcast email password with My Account.
- You must sign in to ‘My Account’ and then select the ‘Users’ tab
- The second step prompts you to click on the ‘Edit’ option located next to the user.
- Now scroll to the ‘Xfinity ID & Password’ tab and hit the ‘Edit’ button located next to Password.
- It’s now become easy. You need to enter a password and confirm the same by entering it again.
- Click ‘Save’! That’s it!
You have successfully changed your Comcast email password.
Another way to change or update your Comcast password is through the Xfinity My Account App. The steps are as follows:
- Tap the Xfinity My Account app on your smartphone
- Look for the ‘Account Information’ section and click on it. It shows your ID and name.
- You will now be prompted to tap the ‘Change Password’ option.
- Tapping the same would ask for your current as well as a new password. Confirm it by entering twice.
- Tap ‘Save’ to get a confirmation message on the screen.
The password is now changed.
If you get an error message, it means the new password didn’t meet the minimum password requirements. Check out the requirements right there on the screen and try to compliance with it.
How to Reset Your Comcast Password with the Reset Tool?
The steps for changing the password are different from that of resetting it. Check the steps below to reset your Comcast email password in a hassle-free manner.
- Click on the link (https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/reset?execution=e1s1)
- This is the ‘Reset Your Password’ page. Here, you need to enter your Xfinity ID (email, mobile, or username)
- Click ‘Continue’ to complete the security check.
- You need to type the moving letters and click ‘Continue’
- The next page will persuade you to choose ‘How would you like to reset your password?’ It can be reset via ‘Email me’, ‘Text me’, ‘Call me’, or ‘Answer my secret question’ and then click ‘Continue’. (If you have only one recovery option, you will not get this page or the list. Also, the secret question and answer recovery will now show if you have selected two verified contact points, i.e. personal email and mobile phone number.)
- If you go with the ‘text message’ option, you will receive a text on your phone. Use the code and click ‘Continue’.
- If you wish to reset your password by email, a password reset link will be sent to the registered email address. Sign in to the email, open the mail, and click on the link provided to you.
- You may also opt for getting the reset code via call. If you choose this option, you will receive an automated call that will tell you the code. Use the code and click ‘Continue’.
- Resetting the code via the secret question and answer recovery method is the last option. You can enter the answer to the secret question and click on the ‘Continue’ button. (You must keep it in mind that entering an incorrect answer for times will disable this password recovery method. In this case, you will have to click on the ‘verify another way’ option. Only after resetting the password, the secret question and answer feature will be enabled automatically.)
- Now, you are ready to create and confirm the new password.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will see the next page that says ‘All set! Your password has been updated’.
Note: For users who don’t have a non-Comcast email address or a phone number associated with the account, they are suggested to talk to the staff prior to resetting the password. You can also give your birth date, Social Security Number, and your service address.
Things to Take Care While Creating Comcast Password – Security Tips
- Longer is better (make sure it should be somewhere between 8 to 128 characters).
- Avoid the obvious (birthday, name, pet name, or Social Security number should be avoided).
- You should reset it (create a password and update the same regularly)
- Use the entire keyboard (upper and lowercase, symbols, etc.)