February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Change YouTube Email Address?
Generally known as your Google username, your email address on YouTube is usually your Google Account email address. If you ever wish to change your email address on your YouTube account, you will need to change the email address of your Google Account. However, if you have your YouTube channel connected to a Brand Account, you will need to change channel owners and managers. Below you can find the instructions to Change the YouTube email address for both scenarios.
Guide to Change YouTube Email Address
To Change the Email Address of Your Google Account
NOTE: In some cases, you are allowed to use a different email address (username) to find your Google Account.
What Does This Email Address Means
- When you are logged in to your account, your email address appears next to your name and profile picture. In order to find your email address, you will need to select your Profile picture or initial.
- You can log in to your account using it.
- This is the place where you receive important information about different Google services you leverage unless you have configured a contact email.
Changing the Email Address of your Google Account on Computer
Step 1: To KnowWhetherYou Can Change Your Email Address
- To begin with, you will first need to go to your Google account on your computer.
- Next, you will need to click on the Personal info option located on the left-hand side navigation panel.
- Then, you will need to click on the Email option located under the “Contact info” section.
- Now, you will need to select theGoogle Account email. In case you are unable to get to this setting, it could not be possible to change the email or username.
- If the email address of your account ends in @gmail.com, it means that you will not be able to change it.
- In case you are using a Google Account through your school, work, or other groups, you will need to seek assistance from your administrator.
Step 2: To Change Email Address
- Start by clicking on the Edit option located next to your email address.
- Next, you will need to enter the new email address for your account that you wish to use. Make sure that you select the one which is not being used already by another Google Account.
- Then, you will simply need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process to change your email address.
NOTE: When you will confirm your new email address, you will receive an email message with a verification link to ensure that you are adding the new email address and not an unauthorized user. Once you find the email message, you will need to open the email and click on the verification link. However, if you do not receive the email in your account, make sure that you have entered your email address correctly.
Things to Remember
- If you wish to switch from a Gmail address to a non-Gmail address, you will need to remove your Gmail address.
- If you wish to switch from a non-Gmail address to a Gmail address, you will need to add Gmail to your account.
- In case the email address you are looking to add is already an alternate email, make sure that remove it first.
Steps To Change Channel Owners & Managers Using a Brand Account
In case you have a Brand Account, you will have the option to use channel permissions in order to add or revoke access to your YouTube channel instead.
In case you have a channel linked to a Brand Account, then multiple people will be able to manage the channel from their Google Accounts. In such a case, you will not have to have a separate username or password to manage your YouTube channels associated with a Brand Account.
Steps To Add or Remove Managers in a YouTube Channel
- You will need to subscribe to our TeamYouTube channel in order to receive the latest tips, updates, and help.
- Firstly, you will first need to check whether or not your channel is connected to a Brand Account. In case it is not connected, you will need to change channel owners and managers by following the instructions provided below:
- Start by navigating to the studio.youtube.com page.
- Next, you will need to click on the Settings option located on the left-hand side.
- Then, you will need to select the Permissions option.
- After that, you will need to go to the person that you want to remove and then click on the Down arrow icon.
- Then, simply select a new role or click on the Remove access option.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to change your YouTube email address easily.