Adding your AOL Mail account to Outlook 2010 not only gives you an easy access to all your AOL emails within Outlook but also you can revert and forward emails without logging into your AOL Mail account. All this is possible by configuring your AOL Mail account with Outlook. If you also want to configure Outlook 2010 for AOL Mail account, below we have mentioned AOL Mail Setting For Outlook 2010 for smooth configuration.
Configuration Steps of AOL Mail Setting For Outlook 2010:
1.) Launch Outlook 2010 on your computer and click on the File tab located on the top-left corner of Outlook window. Select Info and then Account settingsoption.
2.) Select New option located on the top-left corner and choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Then, click on the Nextbutton.
3.) Choose Internet E-mail option and click on the Next button.
4.) Now, you will need to manually enter information similar to the following.
- Your Name: Enter your name
- Email Address: Enter your complete email address
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server:aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP):aol.com
- User Name: Enter your complete username
- Password: Enter your password
- Tick Remember password
5.) Next, click on the More Settings button. A new window will pop up. Go to Outgoing Server tab and select following options:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6.) Then, go to the Advanced tab (in the same window) and verify the following information:
Server Port Numbers
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 or 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS/Auto
Click on the OK button.
7.) After that, select the checkbox next to Test Account Settings clicking the Next button. If everything would have been entered correctly, both the tasks will get completed successfully.
8.) Finally, close the window by clicking Next and Finish when prompted and you will find your AOL Mail account configured in your Outlook 2010 main window.