You are not going to be appreciated if all your outgoing emails have a footer advertising Avast. Certainly, this new update from Avast is quite annoying. It automatically inserts a footer that carries information about Avast antivirus. People using both web-based email clients (Outlook Mail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Live Mail, etc.) and desktop e-mail clients (Zimbra Desktop, Microsoft Outlook, Inky, Mozilla Thunderbird, Claws Mail, eM Client, etc.) encounter this issue.
The web-based email clients face this problem when they open their emails in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Opera, the only browser, doesn’t allow Avast to make its way into the outgoing email. If you are fed up with the problem and wish to get rid of this annoying update, we have the answers below.
6 Steps To Remove Avast Email Signature
Whether you have the Mail Shield installed or using the latest version of Avast 2018, the underneath steps will help you disable or turn off Avast Email Signature.
- Open the Avast user interface by clicking the orange icon in the Windows system tray (Avast can be found in the Windows Start Menu – All Programs - Avast)
- Now, you need to click on the “Settings” option – in the top right corner of Avast User Interface
- “Enable Avast Email Signature” under the ‘General’ section
- Uncheck it and click on the “OK” button to confirm
- Once the procedure is complete, you need to restart the browser
- See if you still carry the Avast email footer signature
Now, the outgoing email shouldn’t contain or advertise Avast. In case, you continue to see that we recommend you to seek help from the high-trained professionals. Ready to serve 24/ 7, the experts ensure that the stubborn problem is no more stubborn. Get in touch with the experts by calling them on the toll-free number. The toll-free phone number is the most reliable and easiest way to avail professional help.
To Turn it On
To re-enable the signature from Avast, you can easily do this by visiting the settings and turn it on. It is as simple as that.