February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
FastMail Adding Shared Calendar – General Calendar Sharing Guide and Sharing Multi-User Sharing Guide
Before you go ahead with the FastMail adding shared Calendar guide, you must understand that it is all about Calendar Sharing, not Calendar Publishing. Also, this guide will come in handy if you are looking for authentic information about sharing calendars with other users in your account as well as in the same account. Let’s take a sneak peek into it –
FastMail Adding Shared Calendar (General Calendar Sharing Guide)
Your FastMail calendar will be visible (read-only) to people on the web via “public calendar URLs”. So, what is a public calendar URL and how can you enable it in your FastMail account?
A public calendar URL is used when you want to share some important information (in your calendar) with someone using a different calendar system. You have two different links or URLs to choose from. One URL will link to the full details of the event in your calendar, while the other URL doesn’t reveal much information about the event (only reveals the times you are busy).
Here’s how you can activate the Public Calendar URL for one of your FastMail calendars
- Sign in to your FastMail account and access the “Settings” option.
- Navigate to “Calendars” and click the button that says “Edit & Share”.
- To allow full event/ free-busy sharing, you need to tick the checkbox. When you do that, a URL will appear on the screen. Copy the URL and send it to users that you want to share your FastMail calendar data.
- Next, click “Save” (the URL is now active).
Note: If you want to share it with anyone turn it off right there from the same screen.
Did you just share the calendar data with someone that you shouldn’t have done? No worries! You can always check this by using the “Reset URL” button. This will replace the old URL with a new one, hence your information is safe.
If a public calendar URL is shared by someone else and you want to add it to your FastMail account, check the following steps carefully.
- After signing in, go to “Settings”.
- Go to the “Calendars” screen.
- Look at the bottom and choose the option to “Subscribe to Calendar”.
- You will see a text box here. Just paste the URL that you had already copied.
- After pasting it in the right box, choose a color. You can give it a name also.
- Now, click on the “Create Calendar”
FastMail Adding Shared Calendar (Sharing Calendars with Other Users)
People in the same account can see your calendar if you share it with them. Unlike a public calendar, users on multi-user accounts can read and edit the calendar directly. Stick to the steps below if you want to share calendars with other users within a single account.
- Go to “Settings” and click the “Calendar” screen.
- Upon finding the calendar that you want to share, select the button that says “Edit & Share”.
- Enter the email addresses of the people or users that you want to share the calendar. (Enter these addresses a text box under this option “Share this calendar with other people in my account”)
- Also, choose – ‘only view’ or ‘make changes’ or ‘make changes and share’ – the level of access you want to grant to people.
- Now, select the “Add” button.
That’s it! The people that you have shared the calendar will now be able to see it. They can use the calendar as per the level of access that you have granted them. If you have shared the calendar with someone that you shouldn’t have done, you can always revoke a user’s access by accessing the settings option.
As per studies, sharing a team calendar improves the communication and efficiency of your employees even if they are working remotely. It will help them balance their work and submit assignments on time.