February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
Fastmail Vs Rackspace Email – A Hard-Line to Draw
Are you looking for a professional, reliable, and hosted email service? Many would recommend you to choose Rackspace Email. Why? And why not Fastmail email service? It always gets tough when you have to choose one out of two – particularly, when you seldom know any of them. To help know more and better, we bring you a comparison of Fastmail Vs Rackspace email. Take a look and make a wise decision for your business.
Table of Contents
Fastmail Vs Rackspace email – Features, Plans & Pricing, and Benefits
Go through the unique features & benefits, plans & pricing, and customers’ reviews!
An email service started some 20 years ago, Fastmail continues to impress a majority of email users with its amazing features. You can start using Fastmail by signing up for a 30-day trial period. This is easy and never asks you to surrender your credit card details. Provide your name, choose your Fastmail email address (use your domain if you want), enter your password, and there you go!
Why Should You Use Fastmail?
Several intelligent features of Fastmail will bowl you over. Full-featured calendars, apps for phone and tablet, custom email addresses, an easy-to-use email import tool, superior spam blocking, and the swift interface will surely overwhelm you. Here are some of the key features of Fastmail – IMAP, POP3, SMTP support, Apps for all platforms, No ads, Web portal for easy email access, Contacts lists and groups, Own domain support (standard and above), No tracking, Email forwarding service (Pobox), Email sharing and archiving for teams (professional), Mailing list service (Topicbox), Fully searchable, Message pinning, Conversations feature for threading messages, Import feature, Calendar, Export emails to any other provider, and Administrator controls (professional)
Let’s take a quick sneak peek into the pros of Fastmail.
- 30-day free trial with no credit card required
- Integrated Notes and File storage
- Account includes email, calendar, and contacts
- Desktop, mobile, and browser-based clients
- Can import messages from other email services
- Can restore account if the password is lost
Here are the cons of Fastmail.
- Does not support PGP
- Does not offer end-to-end encryption
- No free subscription tier
- Requires a valid telephone number to create an account
- Only a portion of code is open source
- No cryptocurrency payment options
Plans & Pricing –
Fastmail boasts three plans – Basic, Standard, and Professional. Every plan starts with a 30-day free trial.
- The Basic plan can be availed at $3 per month (per user).
- The Standard plan starts at $5 per month (per user).
- The Professional plan is available at $9 per month (per user).
Fastmail User Review –
As per a user – Armin K, “Fastmail is great. Good company values, transparent communication, personal support, and a fast web interface.”
Security & Privacy –
Fastmail understands how important your online data/ information is. It promises not to disclose any of your private data, thus tightening its security & privacy. But the truth is – having located in Australia with servers in the United States of America fails to inspire much confidence. Industry experts believe that Fastmail never managed to provide end-to-end encryption.
About Rackspace Email
If you are ready to spend a few bucks, Rackspace Email might intrigue you with its unique, amazing features. Starting at $1.99 per month (per user), it brings you a plethora of perks and benefits. Choose your hosted email plan that you can cancel anytime, for any reason. You may like to begin with a free trial.
The best features of Rackspace Mail include – 24x7x365 Expert Support, Works with Outlook & Mobile, Free & Easy Migrations, Premium Spam & Virus, Unlimited Email Aliases, Huge 25GB Mailboxes, Webmail, Mobile Sync (ActiveSync), 30GB File Storage, Shared Calendaring/Contacts, Instant Messaging, MS Office-compatible Apps, Email Archiving, and No Long-Term Contract Start with a 14-day free trial.
Plans & Pricing –
The Rackspace Email plans are summarized below. Take a look –
- Rackspace Email: Secure email for Webmail, Outlook, or Mobile users. It starts at $1.99 per month (per user).
- Rackspace Email Plus: Add File Storage, ActiveSync, Office-compatible apps & IM. To get this service, you need to pay $3.99 per month (per user).
- Add Archiving: This is a plus package with unlimited storage for archived email. The plan is available at $6.99 per month (per user).
Rackspace Technology thrives to offer the best service and makes it easier for your teams to collaborate, communicate, and connect with industry-leading email solutions.
We aim to guide you but it is your call.