“I have forgotten the password for my Hotmail account, yet I have tried to recall it correctly but failed. Though, I remember the correct user ID but I am not sure about the password; is there any way to get it recover?”
This is the extract of a user’s post on a common customer support forum for Hotmail. The common issue with Hotmail users is Hotmail forgot password and unable access to their own account. Well, the real problem is that you can’t recover the forgotten password once again; though, this is for the security of your own account as recovery the past password is a security threat.
Yet, it doesn’t mean that you will not be able to get back into your own Hotmail account. Here, you have a method to get back into your own account by resetting the password. The password reset is the way to get back into your account, as this is the best ever alternative; you need to verify your account to get back control of own account.
In order to get back on your own Hotmail account, you need to follow some step to recover hotmail forgot password. It is safe, as only a real owner can get the password reset and this doesn’t want you to be a tech savvy. The idea is simple with an on-screen instruction for you to get the things done. In fact, this step by step guide is also useful.
Steps to reset Hotmail Forgot Password
- Your first step is to visit the Reset your password page of Hotmail or click on this direct link https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
- You will be welcome with a list to specify the reason that why can’t you sign in
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- You just need to select the reason by which you need your password to get reset, then click on the Next button
- Here, you need to enter your Hotmail email address, phone number or Skype ID you used when you created your Microsoft account
- Along this, enter the characters you see on the screen to verify that you are real human not a robot, then click on the Next button
- In case, you have security feature enabled on your account, then Hotmail will send a one-time code to your alternate phone number or email address for recovery of the account
- Once you enter that code on the next screen, then you will be able to make a new password and replace the old one
See, this is easy to get your password reset with a new one and get into your account. Here, your account is secure from hacking as you have to verify before resetting the password. We have a quick tip for all Hotmail and Microsoft users; just make sure to keep your account settings and recovery information updated for any such situations.