In this guide, you will learn to set up your Verizon migrated account in third-party email applications using the IMAP protocol. Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) is an internet standard protocol used by email programs to retrieve emails from a mail server. When you use IMAP protocol, the emails are stored on a mail server. Every time you access your inbox to check your emails on a device, the email client retrieves emails from the server. Unlike POP3, IMAP allows you to read your emails from the server directly, instead of downloading them to your computer.
To know how to migrate Verizon Email To AOL using IMAP, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Setup Migrate Verizon Email To AOL
1.) Open Outlook email program on your computer and click on the File option located on the top-left corner of your screen.
2.) From the drop-down list, select Add Account option and choose “Manual setup or additional server types” option. Then click Next.
3.) Next, select POP or IMAP option and click on the Next button.
4.) On the next window in your computer, enter the information as provided below:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you want it to appear to your recipients
- Email Address: Enter your complete email address
- Account Type: Select IMAP
- Incoming mail server:aol.com
- Outgoing mail server:aol.com
- User Name: Enter your complete email address
- Password: Enter your account’s password
NOTE: Make sure that you select the checkbox next to “Remember password” option.
5.) Once you have entered the above information, click on the More Settingsbutton. This will open a new window. Go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the options:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6.) Next, go to the Advanced option and make the following changes:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
Click on the Ok button.
7.) Then, click on the Next button and wait until your email program completes the testing process. If the testing process gets completed successfully, click on the Close button.
8.) After that, click on the Finish button and try sending a test email to check whether or not your account is working fine.