February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
PlayStation Network Change Password Email – Reset PSN Sign-in ID and Password
Whether you wish to reset your PlayStation Network (PSN) password or want to recover/ change your PSN sign-in ID (email address), read through the article till the end. In this post, we will walk you through the important steps for resetting your email address and password on your PlayStation console. Looking for information about “PlayStation Network change password email”, we have got you covered.
PlayStation Network Change Password Email Instructions
Make sure you know your current email address (sign-in ID) and password. If you know, here’s how to change the PS Network password.
Web Browser (Change Password):
- You need to sign in to Account Management.
- From the sidebar, select the “Security” option.
- If you see the “Edit” button next to Password, click on it. This will change your password.
- Now, click “Save”. This will confirm the changes.
That’s it! You have successfully changed your PlayStation Network password. Use your new password to sign in.
2) PS5 (Change Password):
- Access the “Settings” option and navigate to “Users and Accounts”.
- Select “Account” and then “Security”.
- Now, select “Security” and click on the “Password” option.
- Choose a new password and confirm the same. Now, select “Continue”.
Need to log in again? Use your newly changed password.
3) How to Change Password on PS4 Console:
- Navigate to “Settings”.
- Select “Account Management”.
- Click on the “Account Information” option and enter your password.
- Select “Security”.
- Select “Password”. You will create a new password.
- Confirm the same and select “Continue”.
Use your new password to sign in to your PlayStation Network account.
How to Reset PlayStation Network Password?
The following steps will help you reset your PSN password when you forget it. The steps are easy and straightforward that you wouldn’t face difficulty carrying out the task.
- Access the Account Management sign-in page with one of your Sony accounts.
- Select the “Trouble signing in?” option.
- A fresh window will open up. You need to choose “Reset your password”.
- It will prompt you to enter your email address, which is your sign-in ID.
- You will receive an email containing a secure verification link. (The email should reach you within a few minutes. If you don’t get it within 24 hours, we will tell you what to do when the message didn’t reach you on time. Refer to the below section.)
- Believing that you have received the verification link, you will need to enter some information.
- Fill in the information to create a new password. Make sure you use a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, special characters, and numbers.
There you go! You have reset your PlayStation Network password.
Now, go on to reach what to do when you don’t receive the verification email within the given time, i.e. 24 hours.
What to Do When You Don’t Receive Reset Verification Email?
You have checked your inbox. It is not there. No worries! Here are a few troubleshooting tips.
- Got a Child Account? If it is a child account, only the family manager can reset the password of your account.
- Check Your Spam: If it is not a child account and you have followed the steps correctly, we urge you to check the spam folder. Sometimes, emails do end up in the spam or junk folder.
- Check Whether Used Correct Email Address: Even after trying out the above steps if you still don’t find the verification email, make sure you have entered the sign-in ID correctly.
If the problem persists, consider reaching out to PlayStation Network customer care.
How to Change PSN Email Address or Sign-in ID?
Remember, your email address is the primary mode of communication between you and PS. When you suspect some problem and wish to change it, you can do that in the following ways.
- Go to the Account Management page and access the “Security” option from the sidebar.
- Click on the “Edit” option and enter your new email address.
- Click on the “Save” button and confirm the new sign-in ID.
- A verification email will be sent to your new email address. Click on the Verify Now option to complete the process.