February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Send a Calendar Invite in Outlook?
Outlook is known for comprising numerous useful features to make things convenient for users at both personal and official levels. One of the best features that Outlook offers users is the option to schedule and send a meeting invite to other users. With Outlook, you can easily send a meeting request to one or more people in your group or organization. Outlook is also known for tracking which user accepts the request and reserves time on your calendar for the scheduled meeting. Moreover, when you create a meeting request, you also get the option to add attachments, provide a location, and use the Scheduling Assistant to find the best time for your meeting.
Guide to Send a Calendar Invite in Outlook
To Schedule a Meeting
1. You can easily create a meeting request in Outlook using one of the following methods:
- From the Inbox, you will first need to go to New Items>Meeting or you can use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Q keys on your keyboard.
- From the calendar, you will need to choose the New Meeting option or you can use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Q keys on your keyboard.
- You can also select the Reply with Meeting button from an email message in the Inbox.
- You can choose to reply with meeting option from an email message.
2. You can add attendees in one of the following two methods:
- You can add your attendees to the To line of the meeting request and then directly go to Step 4.
- In case you are using Microsoft 365 or an Exchange account, you can use the Scheduling Assistant to see attendee schedules.
3. Under the Scheduling Assistant section, you will either need to click the check box located under your name and enter the name or email address of an attendee. Alternatively, you can also click or tap on the Add Attendees button to open your address book.
Now, you will need to press the icon located next to the name of the attendee in the Scheduling Assistant to select a particular attendee as a Required Attendee, Optional Attendee, or a Resource. As you will begin typing the name of an attendee, you will be provided suggestions by Outlook according to the people you’ve met with or emailed recently. Then, select a name from the list that you see to add an attendee.
4. Now, you will need to add a meeting subject, start and end time, as well as location.
If you are using Outlook 2016 and Outlook for Microsoft 365, you can enter the name of the location, for example, New Product Launch or Conferencing Hall 44. This will make Outlook look for location matches. You can then choose one of the suggestions to choose that location, or you can keep on typing to enter another location.
5. Next, you will need to attach a file to a meeting request, on the Insert menu, you will need to choose Attach File option, and then simply select the file you wish to add.
6. In case you do not wish to set it up as a recurring meeting, simply press the Send button.
To Turn on Time To Leave
- Go to the Settings>Time To Leave option in Outlook for iOS.
- Next, you will need to choose a supported account, then use the slider icon next to enable Time To Leave option.
To RestrictAttendees from Forwarding a Meeting
For Microsoft 365:When you set up a meeting request, you are provided with an option that allows you to prevent meeting attendees from forwarding the meeting request to other people.
- For this, before sending the meeting request, you will need to choose the Response Options>Allow Forwardingoption to toggle the option for attendees to forward a meeting request to other people.
To Add a Person to an Existing Meeting
If you want you can easily add another attendee to an existing meeting. For this, follow the steps provided below.
When You are the Meeting Owner:
- Firstly, double-click or tap to open the meeting option. Then, you will need to go to the To line or the Scheduling Assistant option.
- Next, you will need to click or tap on the Send option, and then select one of the following options:
- Send updates only to added or deleted attendees.
- Send updates to all attendees.
When You Are Not the Meeting Owner
- Launch the meeting request and go to the Respond group on the ribbon.
- Next, you will need to choose the Respondoption and then press the Forward option. You will then be able to add one or more recipients to the meeting request.
- After that, you can press the Send option. The meeting owner will receive notification that a meeting request has been forwarded by one of the members.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to send a Calendar Invite in the Outlook email program.
Leave a Reply