February 15, 2022 / Lily Collins
How to Switch Between Email in Outlook Accounts?
With Microsoft Outlook, you can easily manage your multiple email accounts from different service providers in a single place. While some of the email service providers allow setting up an account in Outlook with an automatic process, for some, one may need to configure using the POP or IMAP settings.
By default, whenever you open the Outlook email program on your computer, it will open the one selected account automatically. This can be a bit annoying if you don’t know how to switch between email accounts in your Outlook email program. Below you can find the steps to easily switch accounts on the Outlook email program.
Guide to Switch Between Email Accounts in Outlook
1) To begin with, you will first need to open the Outlook email program on your computer and click on the File option. Clicking on the File option will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
NOTE: If you already have opened the Outlook email program on your computer, you will first need to close it, and then start it again.
2) From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Account Settings option. Selecting the Account Settings option will expand the menu further.
3) From the expanded menu under the Account Settings section, you will need to select the Change Profile option.
4) As you will click or tap on the Change Profile option, it will close the Outlook email program. You will now need to start the Outlook program once again manually.
5) As you will find your Outlook restarting once again, you will see a Choose Profile dialog on your computer screen.
6) If you wish to make this dialog box every time you open your Outlook email program, you will need to select the “Options” option. This will display the options available under the Options section.
7) From the menu under the Options section, you will need to select the Prompt for a Profile to be used option.
8) After that, from next time whenever you will launch the Outlook email program, you will be prompted to choose a profile that you wish to open.
In addition to following the above-mentioned steps to select the desired email profile when launching Outlook, if you wish to set a default profile in your email program, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Set Up a Default Profile
9) Once you are in the Choose Profile dialog box on your computer screen, you will need to click on the profile that you wish to use as the default email option. You will find this option to choose located under the Profile Name list.
10) After selecting the desired email account, you will need to click on the Options option. This will expand the menu under the Options section. From the expanded menu, you will need to select the checkbox next to the Set as default profile option under another “Options” option.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to switch between email accounts in your Outlook email program.